Newsflash: I like organization. And planning. And preparation.
So it should come as no surprise that any time I travel, I have a packing list. Actually I have a packing list and a separate, detailed outfits list (doesn’t everyone?). It helps to keep me from never (almost never) forgetting anything I need for my next adventure.
Of course my packing list isn’t set in stone and always needs to be adapted depending on where I’m going, but there’s a core set of things that I keep on there to make sure I’m covered.
In case you’re like me and forget what you packed for a trip as soon as you return and unpack from a trip, this list is a helpful guide that you should use and adapt for your needs. Here's my list of things I pack, in no particular order.
- Passport and copy of passport
- Travel sized toiletries: lotion, shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, face wipes or face wash, face cream
- Extra plastic ziplock bags for liquids, etc.
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Money belt
- Cross body purse
- Outfits and shoes (separate list)
- Baseball cap
- Money and credit cards
- Priority Pass card
- Medicine: Advil, Immodium, Benedryl, prescription meds
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Hair items
- Camera charger
- Phone charger
- Umbrella or poncho
- Suitcase lock
- First aid kit
- Wash cloth
- Plane socks
What's on your packing list?