Hello! Welcome to The Globe Getter! I'm Tausha and this is my really amazing travel site that I'm sure is already your favorite destination on the internet ;)
A little bit about The Globe Getter — this site is focused on one thing: showing that it's possible to work AND travel.
I did not win the lottery, and I did not quit my job, but I am on a mission to travel the world.
How? Well I have a list of go-to resources and have learned to be savvy about the following:
- How much I pay for airfare
- How I use my vacation days
- How I earn airline points and miles
- Where I travel
- When I travel
And there's a whole bunch of other travel-related stuff that I plan to share with the world, one rambling blog post at a time. I'm also really big on having valuable experiences that you will remember when you're extremely old and can't recall your name (and yet you recall your experiences!).
In addition to my blog ramblings, The Globe Getter features profiles of some amazing travelers, advice on how to travel more, tips from those who are actually traveling more and great travel articles, all with the intent to inspire the Globe Getter in you.
The world is big, so why not start now?
more about me
During the work week, I can be found doing communications at my job*. Otherwise, I am likely planning a trip (or several), going on said trip(s), searching for cheap tacos, spending time with family and friends or roaming the streets of New York City.
A few random facts about me:
- I'm originally from South Florida, born to Jamaican parents.
- I reach the towering height of 5'1". It's very intimidating for many people.
- I'm a little bit nerdy and moderately competitive, which means I can get really into Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.
- I've lived in NYC for more than 10 years. I've heard that officially makes me a "New Yorker."
- I love travel and am always thinking about where to go next.
- I'm an "in-between" traveler — not a backpacker but also not a luxury spender.
- I once slept on a bench surrounded by pigs in Mali. Maybe I'll give more context to that one day. Maybe I won't.
- I can be bribed with either tacos or French macarons but preferably both.
- I'm a huge dog lover, but if you're a cat, you better stay away from me (since cats are probably reading this).
- I like to think I have a brilliant British accent, but I'm sure all British people would disagree with me.
- I am an INTJ, according to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- I watch way more House Hunters International, Property Brothers and Fixer Upper than is healthy (but seriously, when can I appear on one of these shows?).
a few popular posts
First time here? Start with these popular posts:
- I Did Not Quit My Job to Travel the World
- How My Dad Flew to Europe for $95
- What Years of Solo Travel Have Taught Me
- How to Tell If You're Addicted to Travel
- Why I Celebrated My Birthday Alone in Mexico
AS SEEN IN
*In case it's not obvious, all views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.